At University of Utah Health Plans (U of U Health Plans) we offer a wide range of product options, including traditional HMO plans, PPO plans, and HSA compatible plans. We are flexible and effective in benefit design and provider network combinations. With an emphasis on population health management, we focus on keeping employees healthy while managing utilization to lower costs.
We have an experienced actuarial team that develops solutions specifically for Utah employers. A variety of plans for employers with 51 or more employees makes it easy to obtain high satisfaction. Including innovative internal Care Management and Pharmacy Management teams; keeping members satisfied but costs in check.
Third Party Administration (TPA):
We've provided TPA services in Utah since 1998. As a not-for-profit administrator of self-funded products, we are able to offer customized benefit solutions and cost controlling results to employer groups. Local and attentive staff are ready to manage custom plans effectively and efficiently. Employers will find the same proprietary Populations Health Management program throughout our TPA services that
Level Funded Products:
Level funding combines the flexibility of a self-funded plan with the predictability of a set monthly premium to cover administrative fees, claims payment, and stop-loss premiums. The employer’s group risk pool is evaluated rather than using a broad community group to assess risk. Level funding allows employers to offer more choices to employees and more plan design options.
Provider Network Options:
Healthy Preferred 14 Hospitals and 6,000+ Providers. One of the Wasatch Front's largest provider networks providing access to U of U Health, MountainStar Healthcare and many other local, award-winning hospitals and providers.
Healthy Premier Group 42 Hospitals and 8,700+ Providers. One of Utah's largest statewide provider networks providing access to U of U Health, MountainStar Healthcare and many other local, award-winning hospitals and providers.
Grand Valley Preferred is a commercial network available for employers within and around Grand Valley, Colorado.
Nationwide Access is available through the First Health or MultiPlan network.
- Virtual Visits — instant online care, call 801-213-
- Healthcare Bluebook— Fair Price Transparency Tool
- 24/7 Nurse Line — call 801-505-3198
- Access Assistance — appointment scheduling, call 801-587-2851
- MyChart Member Portal
- Wellness Programs — including 1bios App
- Employer & Broker Reporting Portal
- ID Card App— members can view, print or email their ID card directly from their smartphone.
- App for iOS and Android phones to allow members to view, print or email their ID card directly from their smartphone.
- Search 'UUHP' in the Apple Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
- Member Discounts — including aesthetician services, acupuncture, massage and optical care discounts.
- Pharmacy Medication Management — a dedicated internal team and an integrated system; keeping members satisfied but pharmacy costs in check.
- World Class Customer Service with our 'one call resolution'.
- Gate Utah — a web-based consultation model aimed at extending mental health services to children and adults.
- Glossary of Health Coverage & Medical Terms